Thursday, 21 June 2012

The Compelling Economy.

I have to take a big decision within the next 3 days. Whether I want to go abroad for further studies or not. My strongest inclination was always towards medical. Wanted to become a doctor. I got fed up a month before the CET and I screwed it up. Lost all my interest. I didn't feel I messed it up even after giving the exam. Thought I would get a hard 165, at least. So I didn't apply anywhere for those Commerce and Arts courses like BMS, BMM and all that other jazz. All was well till my CET results were declared. With a 118/200, I saw my inclination towards the field of Medical falling like how those monsters fall in that bottomless pit of Tartarus after being pulverized in Greek mythology. I was devastated. And out of nowhere, I wanted to get into Xavier's for BMS. It was a long shot, but I thought I had it. My entrance test was awesome too. That was my only back-up. I hadn't applied anywhere else, because I didn't want anywhere else. I didn't crack it. All the ICSE bastards got in. Rarely anyone from HSC under the General category. My hopes were shattered. I had nothing to do. I have nothing to do. Waiting for my re-evaluated marksheet to make a splendid appearance, banking on it to throw me a delightful surprise in the midst of all the disappointment and despair, I saw only one option remaining. Going abroad. Just doing my MBBS there, getting a bitch-has-done-his-medical-abroad-hence-I-want-him-in-my-hospital hashtag, and settling forever, with a sorted life. I even have my parents supporting me on this idea. It has its price, of course. My parents aren't Tony Stark. So we're planning to settle on this education loan which I'll be expected to pay off once I start earning. It'll be somewhere around ten million. A crore, per ce. I really don't mind paying the loan off. I'd love to have my doctorate. Question is,

Will I be good enough to pay it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.