I went to Crosswords today. Was bored as hell. And another thing. Sick of fiction. Crosswords usually has these 'Top 10' best-sellers in a section, mostly somewhere near the entrance. So I started browsing through the section, with a number of books hypothetically brawling for my attention. Most of them were biographies. Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Rahul Gandhi, Steve Jobs. Due to my recent oh-fuck-I-didn't-get-into-any-college hassle and because of my amblyopic vision of undetermined future, my Dad advised me to 'find myself'. "Don't let your soul rest", he said. "And for that", he said, "you'll need to read Biographies of people who have risen out of the grimy rubble". So I did just that. Actors' lives didn't interest me much, and I had no zeal for a politician. So I settled for Steve Jobs. I decided it'd be a good pick 'cause I didn't know much about the guy, anyway. So I opened the book. And as I read past the first word, I couldn't stop. An inspirational story of an adopted college drop-out, who loved to mortify people in public, simply because he believed whatever they did could've been done better. A vegetarian Buddhist, who travelled to India in search of enlightenment, but his restless soul didn't let him find any. So he went back, built the Macintosh to start with, and gradually changed the world. He used to go to conferences wearing nothing but boxers and slippers, for crying out loud. Guy had the balls. I'll give him that. But he was a fucking visionary. I didn't think the book would have such a significant influence on me, but it did. Some liquid dropped out of my eyes when I finished reading the book. No, bastards, I wasn't crying. It left me wondering, with just one question pondering restlessly in my mind, and which I'm asking you right now.
What have you done to make the world or anyone around you, remember you?
What have you done to make the world or anyone around you, remember you?

Epic blog is epic.
ReplyDelete