So it comes down to this day,
the word cannot be refuted.
The time you lived, up and running,
with God it shall be disputed.
It started, all, a year ago,
relishing our anniversary, you fainted.
In my arms, you had a painful smile,
I'd kill the Fates for what they'd painted.
Unconscious in your room,
the cancer relentlessly maturing.
It was hard to look right at you,
and imagine the pain you were enduring.
I didn't want you to stay alive with the pain,
but the medic wouldn't listen.
They kept you going till this day, now,
so that you, I wouldn't be missin'.
Your corpse scandalizing me in my thoughts,
I shake my head off of all the illusions.
While I'm holding your hand and comforting you,
the last thing I want are intrusions.
We walk the meadows and gardens outside,
you unexpectedly throw me a kiss.
You fall in my arms and bid your goodbyes,
I know this walk I'm going to miss.
the word cannot be refuted.
The time you lived, up and running,
with God it shall be disputed.
It started, all, a year ago,
relishing our anniversary, you fainted.
In my arms, you had a painful smile,
I'd kill the Fates for what they'd painted.
Unconscious in your room,
the cancer relentlessly maturing.
It was hard to look right at you,
and imagine the pain you were enduring.
I didn't want you to stay alive with the pain,
but the medic wouldn't listen.
They kept you going till this day, now,
so that you, I wouldn't be missin'.
Your corpse scandalizing me in my thoughts,
I shake my head off of all the illusions.
While I'm holding your hand and comforting you,
the last thing I want are intrusions.
We walk the meadows and gardens outside,
you unexpectedly throw me a kiss.
You fall in my arms and bid your goodbyes,
I know this walk I'm going to miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.