I slung the backpack on as my thoughts raced faster than the Road Runner. But where to? They say that in order to know where you want to go, you have to remember where you come from. Reminisce each greasy rung of the ladder that led you to where you stand right now. But destiny plays a sick game, and has now made me forget where I belong. I remember how her shoulders tensed when I first held her by the waist. Her mind was foggy, and I tried everything to make the mist in her mind fade to nothingness. But fate has a strange way of playing things out. I didn't realize that if I couldn't push away the nothingness that existed around in my surroundings, how could I help her? I was hopeless, just like so many other things. I remember making a pen dance around my fingers as I kept grinding my anterior teeth against each other(something I always do when i'm dissolved in my thoughts) when she'd first walked in. She exhibited a radiant aura, but it felt different. Each time I thought it was fading, it grew brighter and more engulfing. Her face glowed, and her heart was a puzzle. Ridiculously enough, I tried to solve it with my mind. Her presence was deceptive, but I couldn't tell for sure. She drove my train of thought, and I didn't know where she was going. But I was happy to let go. Not of control, but of uncertainty. I don't remember how long I was with her. Giving it a time-frame seemed strange and insulting, as time flew past differently in her realm. The while that I spent with her gave me a lifetime worth of happiness, but it was all over so fast. It was like my whole life flashing in front of my eyes; the experience ended in a moment or two. But why mull over it? I think that's what it means when they say that 'life is short'. If you're actually living, then it doesn't take a long while for it to be over.
I stare at the sun sometimes; it reminds me of her. Radiant. Bright. Captivating. Addictive. But it isn't quite the same, for at the end of my tunnel, her glow was definitely brighter. She smelled of cherry blossom and a faint fragrance of jasmine. And her presence was a vortex that sucked out all sorrows from my world. Moving on doesn't really seem appropriate. Feels like I won't be doing justice to the time that was spent in each other's presence. So I'll just sit here with a half-hearted cigarette in one hand and a pen in the other,
and wonder when I'll be able to stare into those hazel-brown eyes again, if ever.
Oh :(
ReplyDeleteHalf-hearted cigarette...you couldn't have put it down better.
ReplyDelete