Monday, 18 November 2013

Grenade.

             So here we stand again, on the brink of the most faint cause of fright. Human nature. It's a steep view from here, and disappointment is what we hit if we hit anything at all. It was a good run while we were at it, with my emotions reverberating through a thin string of heart while yours looking like they were. Staring into those glassy eyes was the highlight of all my days in the recent past; never thought something so dead could make me feel alive again. And your presence was like warm rays of sunshine. Each time I tried to touch it, my fingertips felt nothing but golden dust, but my fingers never refrained. Your words were cast out by a perfect pair of lips while you glistened like the summer sun. It was a fine line between attachment and insanity, but it was lost in the haze of your presence. Neither of us knew what went wrong, we just knew what didn't go right. I took off, for you were the light at the end of my tunnel. My escape plan. My silver lining. It was a different kind of joy, running towards something rather than running away from something. But I seemed to have lost you on the way, with no life around. Maybe things would be different from here on, if we made any interaction of substance. Maybe things would've been different if we hadn't made any interaction at all. But what stands between us both right now is a wall made of question marks, cemented together by uncertainty. The load of the pen and paper in my bag feels heavier all of a sudden, with you wanting to burn me down to stardust. What you never understood, was that I was ready to never be ready. I did everything I could do to not do anything at all. But it's fine now, jumping off this edge seems a lot more thrilling. And I'm sure it'll be a new dawn with fresh warfare. But darling,

I'd still catch a grenade for you.

Credits:
Grenade - Bruno Mars

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I think your blog is quite wonderful and therefore I bestow upon you the Liebster award!! Please go and claim it at- http://fancyawakenings.blogspot.in/2013/11/im-super-excited-about-this-one-because_2677.html
    Admiringly,
    Songbird

    ReplyDelete

If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.