24th October, 2012.
It started off with this stare she held, when she walked into the party where we first met. Of course, things were different back then, and I was quite mesmerised with the aura she reflected when she spoke with such zeal. I really didn't care much, though, but after a while she walked up to me and said "Hi! I think I've seen you somewhere". Being the guy I am, I started talking to her. Bit by bit, day by day, the proximity increased. I realised she was an extrovert, and a brilliant person. Was a writer, was quite smart, and of course, quite the nerd. She was that one person a guy could openly speak to when the rest of the girls on this planet were a little too PMS-y. We grew closer, and a few months later, since we shared similar career goals, landed up in the same medical college. She was never my closest friend, but she was just there. Always. We shared this perpetual similarity, and it was only her I could say whatever I wanted with. Our conversations went on from relationships-are-repulsive to That-corpse-was-reeking-worse-than-my-grandmom's-shampoo. And despite the fact that she bares the name of this candy I used to hate as a kid, I still love her.
Happy Birthday, Dr. Tiffany D'souza.

It's so well-written! I wish I had such a psyched friend who'd write something like that for mee. :|
ReplyDelete