Saturday, 12 July 2014

Raindrops

          I see a withered tree. Somewhere in the distance, beyond the horizon. Hollow. Dry. Leafless. Lifeless. Its branches lay suspended naked in the air, some being covered by dry leaves that represented forgotten dreams and resilient hope that just needed some watering. The tree stood extremely close to the sun, the heat of which scorched everything that lay inside. The clouds that sprung overhead once upon a time, disappeared and never came back. The forest remained white while all that was living turned dead, as the cry of the last raven got lost in the echo. The veins which once used to suck in water from the ground now lay corrupt with the company of lifeless skulls and bones that were buried deep beneath, and through which now ran great disbelief and lost faith. The bark of the tree dried up and lay rotten and forgotten, through which ran scars of relapse. But the tree stood. Beyond the horizon, it stood.
         
          Before I could react, my vision turned into a different dimension of reality. I was that tree. I lay somewhere in the distance, beyond the horizon. Hollow. Dry. Leafless. Lifeless. Lost ambition and envy scorched everything that lay inside. My surroundings remained colourless as I pushed away everyone around me and the last offer for help, I threw far away to someplace where it was lost in the echo. My veins which used to dream for me were now corrupt with lifeless conspiracies, lust and spite. The shine of my skin dried up and lay rotten and forgotten, through which ran scars of relapse. But I stood. Beyond the horizon, I stood. And after a long wait stretched by eternity, I feel a chill of comfort. There's a wind that has come by and carried away all the dead leaves that lay on the ground. The sun shines brighter with a singe that makes me feel more alive. There's a comfort of doing good to others that washes away all conspiracy, lust and spite from my veins, and fills it with gratitude and appreciation. My skin feels moist again, and the shine present in the smile on my face has now returned with a promise that it will only glow brighter by the moment. A speck of snow falls from the sky on my hand, just one, representing a promise for more to come soon, as long as I believe. And the clouds that had disappeared a long time ago, are now back with raindrops that have made me lush and green again, helping me turn over a new leaf. I finally feel more alive than I have ever felt.

And it is a far better place that I'm in now, than I have ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.