I have a fever. A bad disease that pours out and lets itself in through any which way it can find. Air-borne. Water-borne. Life-borne. It keeps my head throbbing late at night whilst inflaming each cell present inside and outside. It warms me up and shuts me down, makes me cry and makes me frown. It clouds my judgement more than slightly while my heartbeat fastens, and each thud against my ribs makes my chest grow weaker. With eyelids half open I struggle to sleep, but fever doesn't let me. I just lie, strewn on my bed while I stare at the ceiling, waiting for the fever to leave the heart and get to the head. My body radiates a heat like never before, and the deliriousness of fever makes me do things I never thought I was capable of. My half-shut eyelids show me the derailment of all the trains of my thoughts, and everything in my head becomes topsy-turvy, spirally and curvy. I can't think straight because I'm fever's bait. It used to be a blessing, but fever's got me stressing. It started off so brilliantly at first, when I was so sleep-deprived that I had no choice but to be awake. The fever set in slowly, sending pleasant chills down my spine and making my head hit the bed, slowly and swiftly. I smiled as a new warmth coruscated my aura, and I drifted off to sleep a happy man. Only to wake up to being on fire the next morning.
But like most people, I didn't get the point of fever back then. I do now. Fever is a sense of comfort, a fight that one puts up unknowingly against all the crap that's thrown at them by the world which they're too blind to see. Fever is an aura of protection, a reminder that it isn't time to give up just yet. It will fight your fight while you try and take your meds and make it go away, but as long as you're in harm's way, fever will be here to stay. It will keep you up and remind you of why it exists, making sure you don't forget its existence for a single second. It will show you tough love, and at the same time keep you reminded of the fact that it's capable of turning your life upside down. You can't forget fever until it's done its job. I should know. I'm your fever while you are mine. And tonight, our heads will hit the bed, slowly and swiftly. We will smile as a new warmth coruscates our aura. And tonight, just like the time fever first set in,
we will drift off to sleep as happy people.
Credits : Fever - The Black Keys.
(Talk about a song getting to your head. Just like a fever does)
But like most people, I didn't get the point of fever back then. I do now. Fever is a sense of comfort, a fight that one puts up unknowingly against all the crap that's thrown at them by the world which they're too blind to see. Fever is an aura of protection, a reminder that it isn't time to give up just yet. It will fight your fight while you try and take your meds and make it go away, but as long as you're in harm's way, fever will be here to stay. It will keep you up and remind you of why it exists, making sure you don't forget its existence for a single second. It will show you tough love, and at the same time keep you reminded of the fact that it's capable of turning your life upside down. You can't forget fever until it's done its job. I should know. I'm your fever while you are mine. And tonight, our heads will hit the bed, slowly and swiftly. We will smile as a new warmth coruscates our aura. And tonight, just like the time fever first set in,
we will drift off to sleep as happy people.
Credits : Fever - The Black Keys.
(Talk about a song getting to your head. Just like a fever does)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.