"Fuck you", she exclaimed. "Bandra is so full o-".
Okay, save that for later. Now I'll tell you what happened around two minutes before that.
So I walk into my friend's room, and it's like this Charlie-Sheen-emulation factory. There were around 10 of them smoking and drinking. Hell, I would've mistaken them for junkies, but I knew better. Some of them were my friends. A cigarette in one hand, an unusual concoction of rum, water, Thums Up and ash in the other, and their mouths full of figurative shit. Yes, some friends I have. There were these three girls though, who I didn't know. After my friend introduced me to them, I gagged at the last name. It wasn't disgusting or weird or anything, but I loved that name. And coming across it like this...well, it was unexpected. "Excuse me?" she said, her face puzzled with an egoistic edge. "Haha, I don't mean bad. It's just that I've never come across that name", I said. She smiled. It was brilliant. It looked amazing anyway, but her bigger-than-usual nose made her look cuter. And to give you an idea of where I'm going with this, she had straight hair. "So where do you live?" I asked. Before any further details, let me let you know that when you live in Bandra, you develop a certain complex sometimes. I'm a happy victim of it. "Andheri", she answered, and I gagged again. Fuck me, right? (I have this habit of having fucked up first impressions. Ask Renelle.) This time she didn't take it too well, and the argument began:
"-f shit! You think you people are cooler than the rest". "Fine", I snapped, "Spell Andheri". "A-N-D-H-E-R-I", she spelt out. "How do you know it so well?", I asked her. "I live there", she said. "Exactly", I muttered. The surrounding silenced itself, and you would've ran if you saw the look on her face. "Also, we have Celebrate Bandra. Do you'll have a 'Celebrate Andheri'? I don't think so", I said like a jackass, to make things worse. There was like this long, silent drum-roll which was expecting a climax. And instead of abusing, she neutralised her expression and smiled again. A smile that took all the logic and reasoning away. A smile, that made me drop her home later on that night. A smile, that made me fall for her.
And then I woke up.
Okay, save that for later. Now I'll tell you what happened around two minutes before that.
So I walk into my friend's room, and it's like this Charlie-Sheen-emulation factory. There were around 10 of them smoking and drinking. Hell, I would've mistaken them for junkies, but I knew better. Some of them were my friends. A cigarette in one hand, an unusual concoction of rum, water, Thums Up and ash in the other, and their mouths full of figurative shit. Yes, some friends I have. There were these three girls though, who I didn't know. After my friend introduced me to them, I gagged at the last name. It wasn't disgusting or weird or anything, but I loved that name. And coming across it like this...well, it was unexpected. "Excuse me?" she said, her face puzzled with an egoistic edge. "Haha, I don't mean bad. It's just that I've never come across that name", I said. She smiled. It was brilliant. It looked amazing anyway, but her bigger-than-usual nose made her look cuter. And to give you an idea of where I'm going with this, she had straight hair. "So where do you live?" I asked. Before any further details, let me let you know that when you live in Bandra, you develop a certain complex sometimes. I'm a happy victim of it. "Andheri", she answered, and I gagged again. Fuck me, right? (I have this habit of having fucked up first impressions. Ask Renelle.) This time she didn't take it too well, and the argument began:
"-f shit! You think you people are cooler than the rest". "Fine", I snapped, "Spell Andheri". "A-N-D-H-E-R-I", she spelt out. "How do you know it so well?", I asked her. "I live there", she said. "Exactly", I muttered. The surrounding silenced itself, and you would've ran if you saw the look on her face. "Also, we have Celebrate Bandra. Do you'll have a 'Celebrate Andheri'? I don't think so", I said like a jackass, to make things worse. There was like this long, silent drum-roll which was expecting a climax. And instead of abusing, she neutralised her expression and smiled again. A smile that took all the logic and reasoning away. A smile, that made me drop her home later on that night. A smile, that made me fall for her.
And then I woke up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.