Sunday, 26 August 2012

You Deserve Better.

The clouds today lack the silver lining,
the weather so blackballed,
I look outside the window,
even the stodgy aridity has crawled.

I pick up my phone,
this weather conflicting my elated mood,
I wish I had a satirical disguise,
so that this unpleasantness I could elude.

I'm on my way to the station,
after you've confirmed it by calling,
thoughts tripping into my conscience,
thinking about my happiness you're hauling.

I stumble and fall along the way,
whilst my pocket drops the 100 dollar bill,
I can't find myself caring one bit,
we'll enjoy our ride to Nashville.

Distastefulness surrounds me as I enter the station,
I see the puzzled emotions on your face,
and at that moment I know I lost it all,
it's too late for me to embrace.

You drop a note in my hand,
watch you go, my heart needs a pace-setter.
I read the note and look at you,
The fuck does it mean, "You deserve better"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.