Sunday, 1 March 2015

Troublemaker

        My thumb kept flinging the edges of my frontal two teeth as I stayed dissolved in my thoughts for the millionth time. People have this impression of me being overly dramatic because they assume I'm thinking about life and shit when I'm staring into space, when really I'm just thinking about food or something. But anyway, this time, I was actually dissolved in my thoughts. I sat at the window with my surrounding orchestrating the scent of peaches, cherry blossom and jasmines. I felt as if hair; each strand as lustrous as the pearls found in oysters thriving in the deepest depths of the oceans, was washing over my face. I remember staring out the two windows out and into the galaxies filled with celestial bodies, enough for someone to question their own significance. Snapping out of it a few minutes later, I realised that I was just imagining her scent in the room, her presence next to me and staring into her hazel brown eyes. God, they're the most beautiful thing ever.

        I've known her for a year and six months now, and I still remember my world turning upside down the day I first noticed her. I sat on the bench with "Kite Runner" clipped in between my fingers, a goofy look on my face. The book opened to show my favorite bookmark, a quote which said "Not all those who wander are lost". I looked up and away from the book, and that's when I'd first noticed her. She looked nothing like what she did the day before, but in all reality, she looked the same. It was just my mind playing games on me. Or maybe my heart. Who knows. Both are equally fucked up.

        Until this very day, this girl has managed to turn my insides out and give me in my hands everything that I was made of, everything that I've needed to see for a very long time. And although with every passing day she becomes a bigger mystery, she makes me find a part of myself that I thought I'd lost forever. I wish I'll be able to trek over those walls once again, and if that day ever comes, there will be no broken spirit anymore. Just joy. And one day, I hope I'll be able to make her feel whole again. She's easily the owner of many of my most precious moments, and she's a gemstone that won't be found anywhere else. She's the purest form of connection that I've had with anyone, and it didn't matter if losing myself was the price that I had to pay for coming across this menace of a person. She's the one person who will consistently matter the most to me,

forever and always.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If my neurons are drunk enough to make me write this post, they're definitely drunk enough to appreciate your criticism. Shoot.