I stole the show and ran the mile,
The emptiness inside grew engulfing and vile.
The dagger is in the spotless disguise,
A cute half-smile and hazel eyes.
So when the pieces of memories fall to the ground, I want you to pick them up and throw them at me without thinking about how much more of it I can take.
For hate is our four letter word,
Hate me, just not the mockingbird.
With eyes so red, I'll come along,
So you break me while I sing our song.
Don't play your heart out to show, like I did, that you won't let go. Just bury me deep in your hatred if it makes you feel any better.
At the edge I stood, with a hollow cry,
But as they say, only the devil can pry.
Breathe freely while I asphyxiate,
Waiting for someone to help me resuscitate.
If you still believe it's in my soul, I'd say all the words that I know without expecting any consequence. So hate me, because I can take it. Hate me, because I'll never fake it.
Breathe into me, you're my Everglade.
But it's over now, this masquerade.
So with deep brown eyes that shine when hurt,
These words will be the last I spurt.
There will come a time when there will be no hate left in you. And when that happens, I want you to remember that I've stood strong, and I'll always be there. But I'll never know how to show it.
Pour buckets of hatred all over my head,
I'll choke, I'll freeze, but I won't be dead.
At the end of it all, when you glisten with glee,
I'll fly away like a bird, as free.
For I can capture the moon, the stars and even the clouds, so blue. But too late did I realise that I don't have the hands to give them to you.
The emptiness inside grew engulfing and vile.
The dagger is in the spotless disguise,
A cute half-smile and hazel eyes.
So when the pieces of memories fall to the ground, I want you to pick them up and throw them at me without thinking about how much more of it I can take.
For hate is our four letter word,
Hate me, just not the mockingbird.
With eyes so red, I'll come along,
So you break me while I sing our song.
Don't play your heart out to show, like I did, that you won't let go. Just bury me deep in your hatred if it makes you feel any better.
At the edge I stood, with a hollow cry,
But as they say, only the devil can pry.
Breathe freely while I asphyxiate,
Waiting for someone to help me resuscitate.
If you still believe it's in my soul, I'd say all the words that I know without expecting any consequence. So hate me, because I can take it. Hate me, because I'll never fake it.
Breathe into me, you're my Everglade.
But it's over now, this masquerade.
So with deep brown eyes that shine when hurt,
These words will be the last I spurt.
There will come a time when there will be no hate left in you. And when that happens, I want you to remember that I've stood strong, and I'll always be there. But I'll never know how to show it.
I'll choke, I'll freeze, but I won't be dead.
At the end of it all, when you glisten with glee,
I'll fly away like a bird, as free.
For I can capture the moon, the stars and even the clouds, so blue. But too late did I realise that I don't have the hands to give them to you.
I've been following your blog for sometime now and can I tell you, every piece of your writing is brilliant. It leaves me speechless. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete